Standard Response Protocol
Providing a safe learning environment for students is our number one priority. Weather events, fire, accidents, intruders, and other threats to student safety are scenarios that are planned and trained for by students, teachers, staff, and administration.
Our school, in accordance with Weber School District Policy, uses the Standard Response Protocol, or SRP. The Standard Response Protocol, or SRP, is based on five actions:
- "Hold! In your room or area. Clear the halls."
- "Secure! Get inside. Lock outside doors."
- "Lockdown! Locks, Lights, out of sight."
- "Evacuate!" - A location may be specified.
- "Shelter!" - More directions and information may follow.
In the event of an emergency, the action and appropriate directions will be announced on the public address system.
Our staff has been trained in these procedures. Students are trained in these procedures at the beginning of each school year. In addition, these procedures are reviewed and practice drills are held throughout the year. We want the students to be prepared but not worried. We appreciate your help as we work to keep our school safe.