Attendance Policy 2023-24
Purpose and Philosophy
Attendance is key for students to feel connected, confident, engaged and successful in their learning. That’s why we say, “Attendance Counts! Be Here! Every Day, All Day!” You’ll see these posters throughout our halls.
To support student attendance, Country View has an attendance goal of 95%. We’re asking for students and parents to commit to this attendance goal as well. We understand that there are valid reasons (i.e. illness or other personal reasons) for missing school; this goal allows for a student to miss 9 days of school during the year and still meet the 95% goal.
The education process requires continuous instruction, class participation, and study. Frequent absences from class disrupt this instructional process. Success in school is dependent upon good attendance. In an effort to help our students with attendance, we are implementing a process of communicating with parents about attendance issues at Country View Elementary. Our goal is to work together to ensure consistent school attendance.
- First, if your student will be absent, please call the Attendance Line 801-452-4405 before school begins to let us know.
- Next, if your student has had three consecutive absences, you can expect a call from the classroom teacher to make sure that everything is okay.
- When your student reaches five absences and/or tardies, you can expect the classroom teacher to make contact. Interventions may be put into place to support more consistent attendance/on-time arrival.
- When your student reaches ten absences and/or tardies, you will receive a call from the school counselor. Interventions may be put into place to support more consistent attendance/on-time arrival.
- After fifteen absences, you will receive a call from the principal or counselor to arrange a meeting.
- Home visits will be made by the principal and counselor for those students who are chronically absent.
- At eighteen absences, a Notice of Compulsory Education Violation letter will be sent by the principal.
We understand that there are valid reasons for your student to miss school and recommend that when your student is sick, keep them home.
Thank you for your support in this endeavor.